Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Our Family

We met as two: one woman, one man.

Bringing us together was obviously part of God’s plan.

We fell in love after just a few dates.

We became best friends, we were truly soul mates.

We married soon after; God joined us as one.

May 18, 1991, our family of two had just begun.

The road was not easy, many storms we would weather.

But with God in the middle, we would stay together.

We tried several years to add a child to our life.

The first 7 years we were just husband and wife.

Infertility taught us patience and dependence on Him.

He gave us hope when things looked really dim.

I believe that journey was a stepping stone

To teach me how to depend on God alone.

But during that storm what a gift God gave to me….

A man after His own heart I grew to see.

After praying and waiting God blessed us times two -

First a boy, then a girl; our dreams had come true.

We thanked God for opening what seemed a closed door

In just a few years our family of two became a family of four.

When I look back over my life with Brad,

The times we shared were much more happy than sad.

I wish I could see him, hear his voice, touch his hand.

I will always think of him when I look at my wedding band.

Some days all I can do is cry,

But I know it's part of God's plan, so I try not to ask "why?"

God is not a God of chaos or of surprise,

He has our lives planned before the first time we open our eyes.

I miss Brad more than anyone could ever know.

But I know by God’s grace, He will ease the sorrow.

My children are precious - each one is a treasure.

The love I have for them no one can measure.

I look at them and marvel at what I see…

A little bit of Brad, and a little bit of me.

We loved to travel, grill out and the Dave Matthews Band.

We loved going to the beach and walking in the sand.

We loved to be together as our family of four,

But now it’s just three…..the four is no more.

What does God plan to do with my life?

I’m only a mom now, no longer a wife.

I know He has great plans in the months and years ahead.

He gives me great strength when I don’t want to get out of bed.

When things seem hard, when I’m feeling so sad,

It’s comforting to know that God is with Brad.

What an awesome thought with which I agree:

That if Brad is with God, and God is with me….

Brad is here with us,

Our family of three.

No comments:

Post a Comment