Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas

I will share the details of our Duggar visit later….I just need to reflect on Christmas right now. 

“And when we give each other Christmas gifts in His name, let us remember that He has given us the sun and the moon and the stars, and the earth with its forests and mountains and oceans--and all that lives and move upon them. He has given us all green things and everything that blossoms and bears fruit and all that we quarrel about and all that we have misused--and to save us from our foolishness, from all our sins, He came down to earth and gave us Himself.” 
― Sigrid Undset

I saw this on Facebook and immediately copied it to my status. I so wish I could come up with something so wonderful! 

Today has been another bittersweet day. I hate to even say that….Christmas should be a time of joy and hope - and it is…but it is hard to push aside your feelings. I feel sad. I miss my earthly husband more than any words can describe. However, I do cherish the meaning of Christmas. Because God sent His son as a baby to grow up and walk a road harder than any of us could imagine, I have eternal life with my Heavenly Father. I wouldn't change that for anything. God knows our hearts. He knows mine is still broken. He is mending it, one piece at a time. He is having to use lots of glue, duct tape and bandaids. He is having to replace the same piece repeatedly sometimes, but it is healing. Today was bittersweet because part of me is not here, but at the same time, I know where he is, and I know because THIS day started the path of Christ here on earth. I also know He is still here, in my heart, the hearts of my family and friends.

We had a very nice day. We opened presents, we worshipped together and we played together. I'm so grateful for Nate and Allie, the rest of my wonderful family, and precious friends. I'm very blessed, and I thank God for it. Most of all, I thank Him for the gifts of all gifts…Himself.

Merry Christmas to everyone~

No comments:

Post a Comment