Monday, March 12, 2012

Random Thoughts

I've been wanting to write for awhile, I just haven't had a good topic. So, I thought "who needs a topic?" plenty of random thoughts run through my mind on a consistent basis, so why not jot them down.

1. Don't give a widow with young children a plant. I'm down to one, and it's just about gone. I've passed some to my mom and friends, but kept just a few. Now there's one, and I have not cared for it like I should. Don't get me wrong, the gesture is nice and very much appreciated....but I kill plants. Not on purpose. Gift cards are good. Food is good. Helping with my kids is good. Plants are not.
2. Allie has learned a lot of new vocabulary words. This week's word has been "insomnia.". Bless her heart, she is just struggling to go to sleep each night. She just sent me a text earlier that said "This insomnia is killing me!" I really hate that she knows the meaning of that word from experience.
3. I'm tired. I know, moms are tired. I'm physically tired, but emotionally tired as well. It's so hard to be the only adult. The good guy and the bad guy. The only reasonable mind in the house.
4. I really, really, really don't like to cook.
5. I am enjoying working again. I just love the little kiddos I work with. It's a great distraction.
6. Not a day goes by that something doesn't trigger a memory of Brad.
7. Some music just pierces my heart. Today I was brought to tears by these words: "And with your final heartbeat, kiss the world goodbye...." ugh. Get's me every time.
8. One day, some people will look back and think "Did I really say that to her? What was I thinking?!" Maybe. Maybe they won't. Some people will never understand.
9. I am a reality show/crime drama junkie. I currently have 25 episodes of Criminal Minds, 4 episodes of Survivor, 4 episodes of The Amazing Race and 6 episodes of The Mentalist to catch up on. I'm up to date on Biggest Loser, American Idol, The Voice, and CSI. Wow, that's sad.
10. It's been 22 months and 17 days since I have seen Brad. It STILL is so surreal.
11. God sends me new Bible verses on a regular basis. Well, not new....but new to my situation. He is so amazing. This is one He sent just a few days ago...

Ephesians 1:11
The Message (MSG)
 11-12It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.

I will end there with my random thoughts. I will do this again...I love randomness. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment