Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Promise I Made To God…finding some purpose

This will be a very short note, but I had to quickly acknowledge the faithfulness of God. The night Brad died, I made a promise to God that I would use Brad's death for His glory. I knew in those first few days that He wanted me to write. I wasn't sure what, but I started writing for myself…but with the idea that one day I would share it with others. I thought maybe a book, or a children's book - I wasn't sure. Then I began the blog.
I noticed a comment from a young widow about my blog. She has not been the first one to say it helped her, but for whatever reason, this morning I heard God say "Thank you for following through with your promise to Me."
I've had a few people question if writing about my pain and my thoughts in such a public way was the best idea. I know those concerns were for me, but I knew in my heart I was supposed to be sharing exactly how I was feeling. To know that I have helped someone I have never even met….well, it can't be anything but God honoring my promise and showing me a glimpse of His purpose.

2 comments:

  1. Jen, I always read your posts and they are very meaningful and uplifting to me. I am sure many others feel the same way but probably don't express the sentiment via comment or email. I pray for you and your family; I pray that you would find peace, joy and hope in your daily life, even without Brad here. Happy Easter- Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Daniel! Obviously, I would never have chosen this road…but it's what God gave me. I miss Brad so much, but I have wonderful memories. I also see a little of Brad each day in Nate. He has always looked like Brad, but he is becoming more and more like him each day. Little things he says and does are amazingly like something Brad would have said or done. What a gift.
      Anyway, thanks for the prayers and the kind note. I really appreciate it. Happy Easter to you and your precious family~

      Delete